Friday, April 10, 2009

Thing 3

Right now blogs are sort of an odd entity to me. I set this thing up on the web and espouse about, in my case writing, in hopes that someone will come along and respond. So, now I've got to figure out a way to get people to respond to my postings. What I would really like to do is to write a tale and find people that don't necessarily like or dislike the writing, but have a similar writing style and then comment on how I can improve my writing. And in turn I make suggestions to them. I guess it would be like a virtual writing group. Now that I think about it that should not be hard to find. The beauty in this would be that thousands of people could respond. For me that would be a great way to grow as a writer. In order to get people to respond I don't see much choice except to post on other peoples blogs in hopes that they will respond to my post.

2 comments:

Gypsygirl said...

I think the first step is blogging on a regular bases. I fretted when I first set my blog up that I wouldn't get comments, but they came and yours will come.

There is a site called "Author's Blogs." Check it out. I think I might post my blog site there and see if I get a following.
Here's the address:http://www.authorsblogs.com

One more thing, check your settings on who can comment on your blog. Your current setting is restricting those who don't have an id from leaving a comment. Someone who wanted to leave a comment at my blog but didn't have an id pointed that out to me.

JM said...

It's a great way to start a community. Thing 11 goes more in depth on this very need. What's also necessary is for there to be regular posts for people to rely on, and come back to your blog.
Keep blogging :)